Sunday 14 January 2018

Production Process!

For my final animation, I went with my teddy bear operation idea. This animation follows the idea of teddy bears representing nostalgic feelings, the slime and plasticine inside of him is the kind of materials one might find disgusting and then having this replaced with glitter, cake and stars suggests the materials someone might find pretty. Playing with the meanings and connotations of these materials and putting it into a narrative has been very fun and below are some of the pictures I took when animating.




I filled the bear initially from the back and used a plastic carrier bag so the slime I made didn't leak through him onto the table.



The first cut



Mr. Bear lying on his operation table, I chose a white bear so that the contrast in materials would be stronger and the red food colouring would be noticeable.



I used a combination of live action and stop motion, so I used two cameras to capture the action.



I used cake and glitter to fill the bear afterwards as these are meant to be things we associate with being nice and pretty, and I managed to make it still look quite gross.



I stitched the bear back together again using stop-motion.





The end product!


No comments:

Post a Comment