Friday 3 March 2017

Animation Artefact - Initial Ideas and Planning

I decided to start as early as possible with my animated artefact for this COP2 module as I really want to create my own stop-motion animation in response to my research and investigation into the digital age and where stop-motion stands within this. My first thoughts were that I was going to create a character design that was digital and in puppet form and then compare them, however I felt this wasn't as beneficial as it would be to make an animation that could expand my knowledge on stop-motion and be something I could put on my showreel as I want to go into this part of the animation industry. Below are some of the ideas I came up with in a spider diagram to get me started.



So, my favourite idea was to create an idea around a child that is fed up with all his 'digital' toys and he doesn't really find them very fun or interesting. After sifting through them, tossing the digital gadgets and toys aside he comes to the bottom of the pile where he find a cute stuffed toy with one eye missing. This makes him extremely happy and he snuggles it before the scene ends. I loved this idea as I explore the ways that stop-motion makes animators feel like children again finding something in their adulthood that they loved to do as a child; play with toys and make them come to life. Even though this idea will require me to make a puppet and props, it's a really great opportunity for me to work on another stop-motion animation and get my skills evolving.

Below are some of the moodboards I have put together for this idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment