Thursday 30 March 2017

COP Pratical Response - Peer Review

As part of COP2 we had a peer review session with me and three others, where we all gave each other feedback on our ideas. Below are the pages that were filled out for me.



I then filled out my own sheet after reading and receiving feedback from my peers, which was really helpful. They felt that the overall idea for the project was really clear and well thought out and could see a clear link between my theoretical ideas in my essay and my plans for my animation. This was really great to hear as I feel that this is one of the most important parts of the module, if they had no link the research would have been unsuccessful. I was also given the idea as a way of evaluating the effectiveness of the final animation to review people opinions to see if they understood without any context and this would prove the strength of it's message. They suggested that my idea of a black/plain lit background on the animation would work, however it might work better if I were to use a pastel baby colour or even a baby blanket from the charity shop to tie it all together a little more. I felt this was a great idea and I hadn't really considered the background to be a massive issue before, but after hearing this I will definitely go on the search for a blanket! Finally, Dan gave me the idea that to explore the subject from a more technical viewpoint that I should talk about the way that stop-motion is completely independent and as an animator you have to figure out and solve your own problems. Then comparing this to CG it differs as the program/software you use to animate actually solves most of the problems for you as well as using coding that someone else has made to create your animations, whereas stop-motion you literally create everything from scratch.

Overall, I found this crit really helpful as it gave me some new ideas that I hadn't previously thought of and these will help me to develop my idea further! I now have a plan that I am going to stick to and get on with before the hand in.

No comments:

Post a Comment