Sunday 20 March 2016

Disney Framing

Before I start my storyboard I thought it would be a good idea to look at the ways Disney frame their scenes and use this as inspiration. I want to look at the more older examples of Disney films, as this is what I have talked about a lot in my essay.



The first example is from Alice in Wonderland and I really liked this shot as it shows the house in the distance and the character coming out of the forest as if revealing it to the audience. I also really like how the forest is in shadow and the house in the light as it makes it stand out even more. This would be a good shot to use for the first sight of the cottage in my own narrative as my character walks home.



I put in this example as it shows how Disney use a midshot but she is ever so slightly placed to the left of the frame so I will keep this in mind for my own midshots.



This shot I liked because it has a lot of depth to it and I think I would like to use a shot like this as one of my first shots of my character walking through the forest. I like how the trees frame the shot nicely almost encircling the characters.


Finally, this shot is going to be very important to look at as my narrative I want to follow involves my character looking in the mirror and changing from a Princess into something much different in society's eyes. I want to create a very similar look in my own animation and I feel it will be difficult to animate my character twice in one frame.

No comments:

Post a Comment