Thursday 6 April 2017

Animation Artefact - Storyboarding and Animatic

Before going on to creating my animation I needed a storyboard and animatic to follow, even though the animation is quite short. I still felt it was necessary as I needed to know the timings for shots before working out how many frames were needed. I found creating the storyboard to be quite easy as I had a solid idea of what I wanted to do and the narrative was really simple.


I tried to make the shots as simple as possible as it is a stop-motion animation and with the facilities available there can't be too much camera movement. With the zooms I am going to fix these in post-production and shoot them all in wide shot. I really want to play on the textures in this animation, and after the peer review I am now on the lookout for a fuzzy cute backdrop to contrast with the plasticine I am using for the baby and the electronics.


Above is the animatic I came up with before going into animate. I thought a lot about the sound for this animation and I decided that it would be most effective if there wasn't any music and instead was just a room ambience and this works better. I want to use a textural soundscape within this animation so that it accentuates the message of the tactile nature of stop-motion. For example, I am planning on making him stroke the bear once he pulls it out and I want a foley sound of material rubbing on itself to make the bear seem even more realistic. I feel that by using sound in this way it will really help to bring the animation more to life instead of sticking some music over the top. Even though the animatic is 15 seconds, I don't feel like my final animation will be this long as I have left some long pauses in the zooms, which may come out a little shorter in post. I'm really happy with the way that it has turned out and now my next steps are to begin animating!

No comments:

Post a Comment