Thursday 13 April 2017

COP3 - Thinking About a Question!

After reading through the brief I found it quite easy to pick a topic that I liked and I decided to go for society, mainly because I find people fascinating in the way that people's brains work and for what reasons.

I looked at the question: What is Good? - To what extent does Social Responsibility impact on the role and function of Animation?

I like this question a lot as it's quite broad and doesn't really focus on one aspect of what really is social responsibility, although I would possibly like to look into way that animation is usually shown to a lot of children. This led me on to think about why animation is the main medium choice for children's films and media and is becoming more and more increasingly common/popular. I feel it would be really interesting to look into the psychology of children's mind while they are developing at such a young age and how different things can effect the way they think and their perception of things. In COP1 I looked in gender roles in animation and how this effects the minds of children, which I really enjoyed researching and learning about. So, to look even further into this would be really interesting, especially since being an animator so heavily involves working for children audiences.

I also thought about these questions:

  • Why is animation the main choice of medium for children's films and media?
  • To what extent does animation act as a platform for teaching roles, values and ideals?


I feel that this topic is broad enough for dissertation as it is quite a controversial and researched topic and animation is something that parents may subject their children too without any prior thoughts. Not to say that animation is teaching good or bad to children, however the fact that it is so normalised is quite a bizarre concept.

No comments:

Post a Comment